A blog about the things I make and modify, with occasional thrift purchases that I am especially proud of. Some things I make to hopefully sell, others I just want to show off, but the right price will take anything--shoot me an email if you are interested!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chair

I have been in the midst of a move with some vacation in the middle, so I have neither made much nor had time to post what i have made recently. Here is one thing I'm working on:

I got this chair for $2 at a thrift shop while my wife and I were looking for furniture for our new place. I knew I could look up how to weave a seat for it.



A few youtube videos later, I was starting with some jute twine I got a Walmart for $3 or so.



I will probably have to get another $3 worth of twine (two packages) to finish up. If anyone is thinking of trying this--you are supposed to use a thicker paper cord, which cuts way down on the labor. I did it the hard way because I had the twine in hand and would have had to order the cord.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...