A blog about the things I make and modify, with occasional thrift purchases that I am especially proud of. Some things I make to hopefully sell, others I just want to show off, but the right price will take anything--shoot me an email if you are interested!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

New Ties and Squares

I have finally finished some things, just in time for the season to change and make them all inappropriate. Well, there are a few items for fall/winter, but mostly summery stuff. Bow ties will run you $18 shipped and squares $22, since the edges are all hand-rolled.

The green solid and blue striped are from silk ties, the navy blue from a Citadel tie. The red neat pattern was cut from a silk scarf, along with some of the squares. The pink tie was cut from a polyester tie my brother gave me.








The gingham are from a subtly wavy cotton seersucker, and the blue plaid are a cotton madras.










The pink is a smaller linen up-cycled form some linen pants, the red plaid is cotton madras, and we've just seen the gingham. The red are both from the silk and each have one solid edge.






















Here are some shots of the hand-rolled edges.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...