A blog about the things I make and modify, with occasional thrift purchases that I am especially proud of. Some things I make to hopefully sell, others I just want to show off, but the right price will take anything--shoot me an email if you are interested!

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Today's Thrifting

A trip to New Life Thrift Shop scored the wife a bunch of kitchen/household goodies, but not as much for me. There were 2 J Press tweed jackets with bad stains and a Burberry with the same. I did get this silk pocket square, though:



I just thought the other day that a simple cream silk pocket square would be a great accessory for pair with tweed blazers and wool/knit ties to balance the texture a bit. For a few bucks, it wasn't a bad find. Here's a tip for people not living in Philly--if you are looking for these things, they're usually in the ladies' clothing section with scarves. But don't take my word for it, the pros do it, too.

The bonus--after leaving the thrift store I noticed a set of dumbbells sitting on the curb a block away. After a quick U-turn, I now have two handles and 4 10 lb plates. The trip was quite successful after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...