A blog about the things I make and modify, with occasional thrift purchases that I am especially proud of. Some things I make to hopefully sell, others I just want to show off, but the right price will take anything--shoot me an email if you are interested!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Six Fold Tie

Here's another piece I made a few months ago and haven't gotten around to posting. I made it from some thrifted cotton fabric I had lying around. The pictures are pretty bad, but I'm feeling really lazy.









Count the folds:



Ties of this sort are made without any lining material, so the thickness comes from simply folding the fabric over on itself several times, and ever-so-lightly pressing the folds into place so the edges are nicely rolled, not creased flat (all ties should be pressed like this). Because of all the hand work used in manufacture and the extra outer material, these are some of the most expensive ties made. This example of mine is excluded from that statement, of course.

Here it is in action:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...