A blog about the things I make and modify, with occasional thrift purchases that I am especially proud of. Some things I make to hopefully sell, others I just want to show off, but the right price will take anything--shoot me an email if you are interested!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Really Good Deal

Here is a coupon from Jos. A. Bank that will get you $20 off a $20 purchase. I went to the store and got these ties. Both were marked 29.99, less 50% off sale items. Perhaps there was an additional buy-one-get-one half off, since one rang up at $15 and the other at $7.50. That gives $22.50-$20=$2.50 out the door for two brand new ties. I know Mr. Bank is not a paragon of quality menswear, but I couldn't turn that down. I may have to go back to see what pants and shirts are on sale.


I also hit up Impact Thrift in Horsham, which had a good selection of ties for $2 each. I liked many, but couldn't find any I really needed. Discretion is the better part of valor. I did get this one from Strawbridge and Clothier with the tag still on it for $9. I thought the pattern and material were interesting enough. I also found this pocket square.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...